Sunday, September 7, 2008

Getting Back Into A Routine


I wanted to keep a little record of how this routine thing is going so that if I find myself doing this newborn thing one more time in a few years I can remind myself that it is a process and that things only get better in time...

So here it goes...

We feed her at 7, 10, 1, 4, and 7 everyday (more or less, If she's hungry earlier, we feed her but she usually falls into the three hour thing on her own)
We started putting Skyler down awake, in her own room, in her own bed, when she was nine weeks and two days old...
Night one... we fed her at 7... put her to bed at 8... she woke up at 12 and 4...we fed her both time and she went right back to sleep... she fussed a little at 6, I changed her diaper, put her back to bed without feeding her... and woke her up at 7 to start her day.

Night two... Almost exactly the same except she slept till 1 instead of 12... everything else was the same

Night three... We fed her at 7... put her to bed at 9... she slept till 3... we fed her and she went right back to sleep... She started fussing off and on from 5:30-6... we changed her diaper at six and put her right back to bed without feeding her... we woke her up at 7 to start her day...

Night Four was just fine..
She fell asleep for a nap @ 5:30pm and she slept till 7 when I woke her up to feed her... I tried with all my might to keep her awake but she kept passing out so around 8 I just put her back in her bed... She slept till 12 then till 3:30... i fed her both times and she went right back to sleep... then she started fussing a little, I put her passie back in her mouth and she went back to sleep until 7...Not bad :)

Night five...
Almost exactly the same as night 4

Night six...
fed her at 7:30 and she slept until 3:45 then I had to wake her up at 7:30 to start her day!!! Hooray!!!

Night seven...
Fed her at 7:30... she slept until 4:22... Sweet!!!!!!!! Then I had to wake her up at 7:30! Slowly by slowly! We are totally getting there!!! Praise be to the Lord!!!

Night eight...
Fed her at 7:30 but didn't put her to bed until 9pm... but she slept until 3:30 ... then again till 6:48!!! She' eating a little more at each feeding during the day too... only about 1/2 ounce more but it seems to be helping her to sleep longer at night...






No comments: